Welcome to my blog! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
This blog is dedicated to the exploration of headwear-related needs of women experiencing chemotherapy-induced hair loss. A part of my master's thesis project, the blog has been created to help me gain knowledge about the needs, preferences and suggestions related to headwear from women experiencing hair loss due to chemotherapy. Your comments on this blog will be greatly appreciated and might be used in my research. No personally identifying information will be mentioned. The insight gained will be used to develop headwear that will better address women's needs and help improve their quality of life. Thank you!

Can effective headwear improve the quality of life of women experiencing hair loss?

Research shows that hair loss creates a great deal of distress for women and negatively affects their quality of life. Can better headwear help? What are your thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Absolutley! Losing my hair was truly devastating, even though I knew it was going to happen. I needed to feel good about myself, and feel that I looked nice, not just sick. A beautiful scarf, turban or hat could really make me feel better about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Good headwear can restore confidence and self-esteem. Cancer made me feel very unattractive. My wig made me feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, losing my hair was probably the lowest part of my chemo treatments. It is extremely important to feel like I look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to agree that yes head wear can improve quality of life. I think the worse part of losing my hair was people staring at me. My self esteem was shot as it was so head wear could definately improve the quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I don't think so.I think that you have to improve you natural hair.I accept that head wear can make so many changes of your look, But if you have you natural hair you feel amazing to find back you hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I don't think so.I think that you have to improve you natural hair.I accept that head wear can make so many changes of your look, But if you have you natural hair you feel amazing to find back you hair.

    ReplyDelete