Welcome to my blog! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
This blog is dedicated to the exploration of headwear-related needs of women experiencing chemotherapy-induced hair loss. A part of my master's thesis project, the blog has been created to help me gain knowledge about the needs, preferences and suggestions related to headwear from women experiencing hair loss due to chemotherapy. Your comments on this blog will be greatly appreciated and might be used in my research. No personally identifying information will be mentioned. The insight gained will be used to develop headwear that will better address women's needs and help improve their quality of life. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I lost my hair due to Male Pattern Baldness. I know that is not what you are asking, but I wear a real human hair piece from "Another Look" in Lansing.
ReplyDeleteHip Hats with Hair is my favorite.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hatswithhair.com/
I bought the Underhair -- for use with hats and other cover-ups.
http://www.hatswithhair.com/ProductUnderhair.aspx
And now that I don't need it anymore, I'm passing it to women who do. It's been twice to the same friend in Florida, and it's now in Ohio!
When I first lost my hair, I found the need to cover the back of my neck because I was self concious. I bought many hats made by Parkhurst(price$15-$25). As I'm getting more comfortable with my baldness, I am finding baseball hats to be easier and I don't mind showing my lack of hair.
ReplyDeleteI felt compelled to buy a wig, since I'm a teacher, and felt it would be least disruptive to my students and professional life. I was lucky that my insurance covered it, since I wanted a long style, and they're very expensive. My wig is pretty comfortable, and many of my students said they couldn't even tell it wasn't my own hair. However, now that summer's here, I would love to go out in just my NIKE cap, but haven't had the courage yet. I'm not a scarf or kerchief person, but I can definitely see how those would be comfortable!
ReplyDeleteBandanas were cute but needed some hair hanging out to look good. I wore a multicolored striped knit winter hat from Scotland most of the winter. I cut the tassle off the top. I hated my wig and only wore it twice, it was itchy and gave me a headache. My daughter made me some hats out of old tops that were soft and cool in the summer. She made flowers by layering the fabric and used a button from the tops to anchor the flower/design. These were cute and didn't scream cancer as loudly as the caps that were free at the cancer center. I wore pink baseball caps with the breast cancer logo when I had the crew cut look.
ReplyDeleteI typically wore bandana's. I only wore something on my head so others would not feel uncomfortable or to keep my mellon warm. I found that anything on my head was uncomfortable.
ReplyDelete